Forest Hills Forum Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
Advice for Realtors.
I recently started looking for a co-op and have been going to a bunch of open houses. I have to say that in a lot of places, I was absolutely appalled at the condition they were showing these places. Places that were still occupied were so unbelievably messy and dirty that I was afraid to touch anything much less open a closet or cabinet for fear of what would fall out. One place I saw this past weekend was empty, but nobody bothered to clean up at all. There was dust that was a few inches thick on window sills and radiators that made it look like the place had never been cleaned, but the absolute worst offense for this place was when I opened up the cabinet under the kitchen sink and it was filled with rodent droppings! I was so disgusted and immediately crossed the place off my list. There was also a dead roach in the cabinet.I understand it can behard to get the owners to clean up when they are still living there, but how can you show an empty place without doing any cleaning at all. If you want someone to buy the place, you should show it in the best light possible. This includes not showing a place in the evening when there are no lights in some of the rooms! Do you really think buyers are that desperate that it doesn't matter what condition the place is in when you show it?
2007-02-28 07:55:25
Gennie

$%*'`[Noah]%*'`@Everybody loves rats http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGMEnP4iQh0

and the homeowners expect to get market value for these homes that show like crap. You know it has alot to do with the agent also....if they are selling the home thy should gave a word of advice like "clean your house" maybe even use some air freshners. Back to beware on which realty you choose to pay
2007-03-07 08:23:38
Anonymous

$%*'`[Noah]%*'`@How bad is the rat problems in queens? I know it's a nightmare in manhattan. I have not seen a rat in Forest Hills yet but have in other areas. Do you guys have any rat problems in Forest Hills? Or is queens relatively safe?
2007-03-07 17:58:40
Gennie

I haven't seen any rats, just the droppings in the kitchen of that open house I went to. That was most likely mouse droppings though. It's too bad, I had really liked that place until I inspected the inside of the kitchen cupboards. Especially this time of year, mice are going to be more of a problem.

Still though common sense would say that if you are going to have an open house in a vacant apartment, you go through and clean up the dead roaches and mouse droppings!
2007-03-08 07:22:54
Anonymous

$%*'`[Noah]%*'`@That's still gross. That's the job of the realtor if not the owner. But from a buyer's point of view that's good that you get to see that there might be mice there and avoid that place altogether. Sometimes I guess lazy realtors can be a good thing. You get to see all the dirty and how the place would actually look instead of cleaned up fixed up.
2007-03-14 03:08:03
Anonymous

$%*'`[PGP]%*'`@I've seen a lot of cats roaming around the neighborhood. That's a good sign. I hope the cats in forest hills make sure we don't g

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1