Forest Hills Forum Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
RENTING IN FOREST HILLS.
We are looking for a place to rent in Forest Hills in the next month or so. I would really like to be in the PS 101 school district -- but I'm not crazy about those blocks between Queens Blvd and the LIRR. Does anyone have any suggestions for apartments in PS 101 in a different area that are not too outrageously expensive (not too much more than $2500)? Also, I'm not all that rich -- would we feel out of place in PS 101? Are all the kids from millionaire families? Thanks for any feedback!
2007-02-22 22:25:33

$%*'`[Noah]%*'`@Well I don't know about rental prices much but that sounds like it should get a place within 101. A lot of the kids going to 101 are from well to do families but not super rich. So still just working class people who saved a good bunch. I know the teachers there are really good so probably wouldn't let them be snobbish.
2007-02-23 17:32:24

Well I don't know about rental prices much but that sounds like it should get a place within 101. A lot of the kids going to 101 are from well to do families but not super rich. So still just working class people who saved a good bunch. I know the teachers there are really good so probably wouldn't let them be snobbish.

Thanks for replying -- do you have any thoughts about PS 144? It's so far from the subway and so residential around there that I'm not sure if I could find a decent rental.
2007-02-27 07:42:39
Anonymous

Is Russell Sage 190 any good? Anybody know?

check out insideschools.org and greatschools.net. I don't know much about the area yet -- I'm moving in down the block from Russell Sage next week. Anyone have feedback on PS 174? I know it's in Rego Park, but that's what I'm zoned for. I couldn't find anything to rent in PS 101 or 144 that fit the bill, but I plan to buy there in the next year. I'm also considering Our Lady of Mercy Catholic school, so if anyone has any feedback on that school, I'd love to hear it as well.
2007-03-30 22:57:55
Anonymous

My friend's kids go to Lady of Mercy. I know they say it's really good. Thanks for those sites.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1