Forest Hills Forum Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
McMansions
Post McMansions 
There seems to be a lot of massive massive McMansions coming up in parts of Forest Hills the last few years.I found this site just now

www.saveforesthills.org

Here is a piece by abc
news.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=3523435#

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SaveForestHills/

great article!! But it seems the neighbors havent done a thing. this article was in 2005 and they are developing in record paces. If they are to act.....theres only 1 word DOWNZONE or is it 2 hahaha

I never thought about Thadius points. Those are good points. The houses there were not well taken care off before. Probbaly does increase value of Cord Meyer. Increased living spaces.

What concerns me is that a big portion of the houses paved over all the yards and lawn. Eliminating all plants and natural drainage. This is going to give the sewage and drainage systems much increased stress. It's also gonig to increase the immediate local temperatures of the neighborhood. Much hotter summer, much colder winters. I think it might be a good idea to leave the lawn

That is an interesting link to the other website. Good info. My opinion on the building in the Cord Meyer area, it will probably raise values in the area. The homes that are being torn down were pretty ratty looking, older, not really updated ones. Sure, the houses being built are bigger and most look pretty good to what was there. Some people don't like change. Sometimes change is good. People are investing hundreds of thousands in these homes. That is a major plus for the stability of Forest Hills. The cord meyer area is not the Gardens or Van Court. These areas are protected by restrictive covenants. The people in Cord Meyer complaining need a reality check. Change happens, people want bigger homes. Be happy you aren't living in Corona.

Post qemvHSabuhzrdNRa 
Yeah, it always seems to hapepn that way (perhaps writing it down makes you think it through again). I'm glad that you got it sorted and happy that the convertor helped you out. As you say moving the forum is only a start but it's nice to have it under your belt and it gives you choices. I considered using Drupal for a long time and tried it out for a while, but in the end I always come back to WordPress. Best of luck with your conversion and thanks for the feedback.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1