Forest Hills Forum Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
The Shops at Atlas Park.
Have any of you had a chance to check out The Shops at Atlas Park? It's just a few minutes from forest hills - but it's like being in Florida or California. Great stores, like Borders and Blue Tulip. Great restaurants, like Shiro and Pasticcio. Great movies at Regal. www.theshopsatatlaspark.com
2007-03-04 17:53:08
Anonymous

$%*'`[Noah]%*'`@I went there but it was a few weeks ago when it was really cold. I didn't find any indoor hallways that let you go from shop to shop without being exposed to the cold. It seems like a great place to go but parking was not free when we went there. I hope they make parking free then I would go there a lot just to hang out. Do you know if they are going to keep those parking rates? Maybe make the best parking spots pay by the hour and then make the further away parking spots free. I really liked that mall. Just that parking is a lot and also during the winter, exposed hallways are really cold.

I will go again when spring comes and see how it looks. But parking's gotta be free, I hope.

$%*'`[Noah]%*'`@but yeah, the shops look fantastic. look like a really nice place to go.
2007-03-04 18:44:52
readme

I hope this place makes it. I think we need to spread the word cause everytime i go theres hardly anyone there. California pizza kitchens th only place i have been so far. Cant wait to try the rest of the restaurnts here. Tell all and spend some money here.
2007-03-06 13:25:53
Anonymous

Where is this place? I tried finding it but got lost for half an hour.
2007-03-06 18:28:17
Anonymous

$%*'`[Noah]%*'`@It's easy. Just turn right on Metropolitan, towards middle village, and turn right on Cooper Ave. Cooper Ave is right on the edge of the cemetary. Go down about quarter mile you should see the Shops at Atlas. I didn't remember big signs but you can tell it's there. Which driveway to turn into gets a little tricky. But shouldn't be a problem. In a few weeks I bet it would look awesome when the grass is green and the plants bloom.
2007-03-14 03:12:07
Anonymous

$%*'`[Noah]%*'`@April showers May bring flowers. Spring is here!! Any nice single females want to come with me to the Shops at Atlas park? I won't tell my wife.
2007-03-24 20:34:22

if you get lucky let me know if she has a friend, and I won"t tell my my wife either

hahaha
2007-03-25 20:06:05
Anonymous

$%*'`[PGP]%*'`@I agree the parking should be free. I didn't see any big sales there. Are these shops going to stay as higher priced boutiques? Oh well, maybe I will just eat there.
2007-03-29 08:18:57
Anonymous

You people kill me! You think $3 to park for 4 hours is expensive? It's cheaper than Queens Center and at Atlas Park you don't have to dodge the hoods and ghetto bangers. (Austin St. is a lost cause as well.

I go to movies at Regal Cinemas all the time. The Midway and Brandon are just too annoying to patronize. The clientale is rude and loud. Regal Cinemas is glorious. Join the Regal Club and you get free tickets and food.

Shiro of Japan is a blast and reasonable for what you get (Bennihana hibachi part)

Johnny Rockets is always fun and cheap (and less crowded than Austin St.). Coldstone Creamery is yummy. Starbucks is in Borders.

The stores are dull and never crowded....how will they survive? It will take a Gap or Banana Republic I fear! How about Ralph Lauren or *gasp* Barney's!!!

Hey I took some pictures today of The Shops at Atlas Park. There was a gentleman there who greeted me when I pulled my car in. I forgot his name but he told me to chat with Marketing tomorrow.
Anyway here are some pictures. It's a lot closer than I'd thought from Forest Hills. Turn right metropolitan, you should be heading West. Then just turn left on Cooper Ave, right as you come to the edge of the Cemetery. Go down 2-3 blocks? And the shops are on your left.

Entrance from Cooper Ave.

I'm sure its a nice mall but I can't see it being a viable option in the future. The place was built in an off beat location, not near any mass transit, first of all. I give it a 20% chance of surviving. Beside our beloved Austin street, it is too easy for us Forest Hillians to scoot down to Queens Center on the subway. Plus, the signs just went up advertising the Kohls and Century 21 Dep Store opening on 63rd Dr behind Sears. It will not be too long before the first store closes in Atlas Park. The biggest joke, they advertise, the areas only Steinmart. Who cares about Steinmart or even heard of it.

20% chance of survival...you give them more credit than they deserve. Ithiink they fall into the same as nyc restaurants that actually make it 10%. I do wish thm luck, but they might need more than that

The stores in Atlas Park would do better if they feature stores more suited for Glendale. I suggest opening a "wife beater" shirt store. Every guy in Glendale would shop there. Close the Borders bookstore. Then open up a Playstation Store. Would do much better.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1