Forest Hills Forum Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
Trader Joes?.
does anyone have any info on Trader Joes? Drove by and their is a sign for Staples only. Sent an e-mail to the company and got a general response

http://www.traderjoesfan.com/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,1/func,view/id,1034/catid,10/

Update- curbed.com and queenschronicle.com are reporting trader joes is delayed until at least the end of Sept. It may be even longer. The story stated the worksite was previously the site of a union protest for Trader Joes using non union workers to construct the store. The story said workers on site didn't seem in a rush and were hanging around. My summation, Trader Joes is having trouble getting contractors in to do the work. Even a non union electrician or plumber will hesitate to go on site knowing the worksite is a union rat protest site. Its not worth it for them to have their trucks vandalized. Also, the unions probably have a way of slowing down oher supply lines, eg cement deliveries to non union sites. I agree with the unions on this one, most, lets say 95% of these non union outfits are using illegal immigrants as their construction staff. I wouldn't be surprised if they were hired on Roosevelt Ave that morning. Cheers to the union. Trader Joes can keep their cheap wine, I'll go elsewhere!

Talked to one of the workers at the building and he said they will open in sept.

they were working hard on all three stores.....................................

There is now a sign on the front of the left side of the building: "Trader Joes Coming Soon".

Todays Daily News Queens section did an article on the new shopping plaza where Trader Joes supposedly will be. It quotes a company spokesman as saying they will announce a more definitive opening date during the next month or two. It sounds like they are having some issues as I suspected with using non unionized labor at the worksite. Now after reading that article, I wonder if there are underlying issues with the lease or the cleanliness of the land where the store was built. Usually spokespeople are quite clear on a opening target date, this quote seemed cloudy. I wonder.

I don't think they would have hung thier sign up if they were not opening there......................

I peeked inside Trader Joes on the weekend and it looks like most of their shelvings are done. I see all the lighting is up already. Looks like their check out counter still needs to be finished. It didn't look as big a store as I was hoping but still a good size. Can't wait. Now I only really hope Michael's coming along. I really want to buy some arts and crafts stuff. I have been buying everything online and would much prefer if I can just go to Michaels to pick things up.

I peeked inside Trader Joes on the weekend and it looks like most of their shelvings are done. I see all the lighting is up already. Looks like their check out counter still needs to be finished. It didn't look as big a store as I was hoping but still a good size. Can't wait. Now I only really hope Michael's coming along. I really want to buy some arts and crafts stuff. I have been buying everything online and would much prefer if I can just go to Michaels to pick things up.

if you can't wait for Micheals, try A C Moore next to Stop n Shop around the block. It has everything.

I heard that Trader Joe's will open around the 13th...but it doesn't seem quite ready yet.

This place is a mad house. Who is the genius who designed the parking lot? It is total chaos there.

It's impossible to make that left turn on that intersection!!

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1