Forest Hills Forum Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
forest hills real estates is ridiculous.

So, RE agents are not as bad as many sellers are?"Another agency" is probably called Benjamin Century 21...

Myth of the industry:

Good read from Realty Times tho from 1999:

http://realtytimes.com/rtapages/19991006_rookies.htm

1. There is an average 1st year failure rate of 86%. That works out to 30 agents remaining in the industry for every 200 who try.

2. Only 7% will renew their license.

3. 76% of the industry is earning less than $30,000 per year.

dont know if any of you guys agree, but what these real estate brokers are doing to this neighborhood is wrong!!!!! How are these people convincing owners into selling at these overpriced numbers??? I have been to many open houses and asking over 700k for a 3 bedroom colonial home that is in horrible condition is plain stupid. If the brokers gave them the facts like.....looking at the comparables at what that style home goes for(real market value) , or the condition of their home, and not giving out false hopes...maybe just maybe homes would sell alot faster. Believe me, I know. We have been looking at all the homes advertised on MLS & Craigslist and every week for almost a year the same old, in need of repair, overpriced and wrecked listings.If the brokers gave real advice as to market value minus condition then maybehouses would move faster. Just look at the houses

You're right. The market would be better off at more realistic prices. Sellers would sell quickly and be able to buy something else at a better price, and buyers would buy quickly because there would beless uncertainty. I personally always help my customers find a great deal, pushing them to negotiate and explore the seller's limits.

Fell free to call me if you are trying to buy, sell, or rent a Forest Hilld property. Thanks, Roger Mashihi. Continental Realty

Example: 1 bdr in Forest Hills that your RE company wants to sell.Asking price is 218KDown payment 20% 43.6KMortgage 174.4 KMonthly mortgage payment at 6% 30 years fixed $1046Monthly maintenance is about $500Total monthly payment comes to about $1,500You can rent a bigger place for this price.How do you unload it for 218K?

Your analysis here is off IMO. You are comparing rent which has no tax benefits to homeownership which has tax benefits. You should tax effect both the mortgage payment and a portion of the monthly maintenace to a true comparison to renting. Depending on your tax bracket (I assume 28% federal), the monthly cost from homeownership should go down from the $1500 you quoted to less than $1200.

Hey guys, do you think I can ever get a house in Forest Hills for $400K? I am not rich not poor, I don't think. My salary is just finally at 6 figures but I don't have much savings. All the houses I've seen so far are out of my price range. Any ideas? Or is $400K distant history?

homes still listed over market value for crap. who wants to puchase "A" frames that still need 100k worth of work and asking way above market prices. Typical Aframe homes in good condition can ask for 600k / 625 tops. All these hoomes are in the high 600s, what are you brokers thinking?? Check your comps you retards!!(brokers) there are homes that closed at 450k- 550k so why dont you brokers list the homes at real market values and do some deals instead of giving homeowners false hope!!

I can see why a lot of home owners still think reminising the home prices they had their house at last year. Realtors probably wants to get owners to dump their house for cheap. I mean 4% or whatever commission on a house for $600K is $24grand. dumping the same house at $500K, which is a much faster dumping, at 4% is still $20grand. why risk the $4grand when you can force the owner to dump it fast for a guaranteed $20grand.

I think that's why owners either want to protect themselves from agents or still reminiscing over last year's prices.

Reply to : Broker_Buster [Anonymous]Example: 1 bdr in Forest Hills that your RE company wants to sell.Asking price is 218KDown payment 20% 43.6KMortgage 174.4 KMonthly mortgage payment at 6% 30 years fixed $1046Monthly maintenance is about $500Total monthly payment comes to about $1,500You can rent a bigger place for this price.How do you unload it for 218K?Your analysis here is off IMO. You are comparing rent which has no tax benefits to homeownership which has tax benefits. You should tax effect both the mortgage payment and a portion of the monthly maintenance to a true comparison to renting. Depending on your tax bracket (I assume 28% federal), the monthly cost from homeownership should go down from the $1500 you quoted to less than $1200.

You can rent a 2 bedroom for $1,500
Stay for 20 years and your rent will be lower than the average.
The point was that $218KK's is too much.

You can rent a 2 bedroom for $1,500
Stay for 20 years and your rent will be lower than the average.
The point was that $218KK's is too much.

You cannot find a real two bedroom in Forest Hills for less than $2,000 in 2007. Don't forget about the standard 15% brokers fee (that all brokers in Queens seem to charge these days) along with average rent increases of between 3% - 5% per year. A one bedroom apartment in Forest Hills this year averages between $1,300 - $1,600 and more the closer to Continental & Austin Street. I am not considering studio apartments where part of the living room has been cut up to call it a one bedroom.

Of course buying a co-op IF you have 20% down & IF you can get board approval always is better than renting. Maintenance is usually between 40% - 60% tax deductible along with mortgage interest & a $400 property tax rebate. Of course many people cannot qualify to buy a co-op because they cannot get board approval & do not have 20% to put down.

Hey guys, do you think I can ever get a house in Forest Hills for $400K? I am not rich not poor, I don't think. My salary is just finally at 6 figures but I don't have much savings. All the houses I've seen so far are out of my price range. Any ideas? Or is $400K distant history?

Text to be set font.Text to be made font_sizeText to be set font_color

I think at $400k, you have to start looking out in Da Bronx or 5 towns on LI. I'd be doing Da Bronx if I was you.

Text to be set font.Text to be made font_sizeText to be set font_colorI think at $400k, you have to start looking out in Da Bronx or 5 towns on LI. I'd be doing Da Bronx if I was you.

hahaha! $400K I'm not too sure even about the bronx. this is new york city. $400K i would look a little bit further out, like maybe kansas

Actually have you guys seen the prices in some Brooklyn neighborhoods? Especially Brooklyn heights of course. I mean that area is nice IF you get direct view of manhattan. But most of the houses there doesn't. and their prices are INsane. I saw a 2 famiyl house there, brown stone for $3mil. it's SMALL 20 feet X gotta be like 30 feet. it's got nice interior decor but the view is your neighbor's house. I'm going to stick with forest hills thank you very much.

Reply to : Broker_Buster [Anonymous]Example: 1 bdr in Forest Hills that your RE company wants to sell.Asking price is 218KDown payment 20% 43.6KMortgage 174.4 KMonthly mortgage payment at 6% 30 years fixed $1046Monthly maintenance is about $500Total monthly payment comes to about $1,500You can rent a bigger place for this price.How do you unload it for 218K?Your analysis here is off IMO. You are comparing rent which has no tax benefits to homeownership which has tax benefits. You should tax effect both the mortgage payment and a portion of the monthly maintenace to a true comparison to renting. Depending on your tax bracket (I assume 28% federal), the monthly cost from homeownership should go down from the $1500 you quoted to less than $1200.

This unit is still on the market?
Looks like the asking price is too high.
Not every buyer care about the assumed savings.
Most of them compare buy vs rent numbers.

The apartments north of queens blvd, especially up 108th street are way overpriced. Especially off the 60's streets and 108th street. The neighborhood there is horrible. The streets are dirty and it looks like a ghetto basically. one bedrooms go for over $200K, with 25% is just unreasonable considering they are FAR from the subway. These apartments, as far as i know were government subsidized housing to integrate the city. You are basically living in what once was a ghetto. For the same amount of money I could go to rego park and find much much nicer apartments and cleaner streets and nicer boards.

The apartments north of queens blvd, especially up 108th street are way overpriced. Especially off the 60's streets and 108th street. The neighborhood there is horrible. The streets are dirty and it looks like a ghetto basically. one bedrooms go for over $200K, with 25% is just unreasonable considering they are FAR from the subway. These apartments, as far as i know were government subsidized housing to integrate the city. You are basically living in what once was a ghetto. For the same amount of money I could go to rego park and find much much nicer apartments and cleaner streets and nicer boards.

I have heard that a lot of black money (especially from Russia and other Eastern European countries) is flowing into the property market in Forest Hills (not sure how much on north side versus south side). Pinnacle and Windsor have huge listing prices (that have not moved down) - everyone is waiting for the elusive businessman from Russia with a suitcase of cash from unknown origins and an all cash deal. Don't believe me - check out MLS on the Windsor. 18 listed units with no price cuts.

I have heard that a lot of black money (especially from Russia and other Eastern European countries) is flowing into the property market in......

Why black money? There are no black people in Russia.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next