Forest Hills Forum Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
Seeking Daycare.
Looking for daycare starting early December. Any recommendations or does not have to be in immediate Forest Hills.

Post daycare leads for you 
It depends on your child's age, and how long a day of care you need, but my first two recommendations are:
Central Queens YM/WHA Early Childhood Center. A nursery school, not a daycare, but they have extended hours that can take you from 8:00 to 6:00 or 6:30 I think. Ages start at 3 years. My daughter went for two years (including UPK), and it was a great experience. The school is Jewish, as are we, but there were children from all backgrounds in my daughter's class.
Only a few doors down is the JCCA daycare. I've heard good things from parents.

Post Daycare 
I would absolutely NOT recommend the Central Queens Y as a daycare center. they have a DRACONIAN potty training policy - if your kid poops or pees in his/her pants while he/she is there they will leave the kid sitting in it until you get there to clean your kid up. they don't care if you are pleading a case before the Supreme Court - you are expected to stop everything and go to the Y on 108th Street to change your kid.

For daycare chose a place that actually takes care of children like the JCC or the Forest Hills Jewish Center.

Post dacare 
Don't go to this daycare in forest hills, it gives us a bad experience:

105-42 63rd Rd
Forest Hills, NY 11375

It was very bad daycare.
Our family just move to Forest hills, We know this daycare from newspaper. My 5 years old son join in the after school program in this daycare, they put him into the basement, dirty environment. In the winter the basement is very cool, the my son got sick after eating the food they provided. Bad service anyway!!

[quote="jeanp"]Looking for daycare starting early December. Any recommendations or does not have to be in immediate Forest Hills.[/quote]

jeanp.. did u find anything..?? as i am looking also!!

Post Queens Community House Early Childhood Center 
My daughter is at QUEENS COMMUNITY HOUSE EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER. She has great experience there. Teachers love children truly. The center provides very flexible schedule, starting as early as 7:30. It is very sad that the organization decided to close the day care because they've are in deficit for years. parents are working to urge the board to change their decision. If you would like to help, please sign the petition on line here at

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/qch2010/

they take 2-5 year-olds. We are also trying to get 25 2 and 3 year olds to keep it running without a deficit. If you are interested, you can follow this post and give me your contact info.

Post financial help 
Quote:
My daughter is at QUEENS COMMUNITY HOUSE EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER. She has great experience there. Teachers love children truly. The center provides very flexible schedule, starting as early as 7:30. It is very sad that the organization decided to close the day care because they've are in deficit for years. parents are working to urge the board to change their decision. If you would like to help, please sign the petition on line here at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/qch2010/they take 2-5 year-olds. We are also trying to get 25 2 and 3 year olds to keep it running without a deficit. If you are interested, you can follow this post and give me your contact info.

I think you are right

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
I am start looking daycare for my two girls

2 years old and other is 3 years old.

I found this website http://care.smartchildguide.com however, I am still willing to take any information you guy offer me. This is the first time I am looking for daycare,,, Please share your experiment with me.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1