Forest Hills Forum Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Signing with MLS?.
As I said before if the property is priced right the agent should be capable of selling the property on his/her own. If a house does not sell through MLS then it is overpriced.Why would an agent throw a house on MLS for it not to sell? Remember the agent does NOT get paid until the property changes hands. MLS is just another avenue to promote and sell your property. Agents typically try to sell it on their own for 2-4 weeks prior to posting it on MLS. In those 2-4 weeks

1. Hot dog vendor
2. Real estate agent
3. Used car salesman

I saw the other day some agents standing in front of Kew Gardens' subway station trying to sell Florida real estate!!!! This is next to some guy selling fruits!!!

I guess I am not the only one who feels this way.

Good, the truth must come out. When I was looking for a place and even now occasionally walking into open houses, it is disgusting that some of these people call themselves real estate agents. They turn the key, let you in, and that is about it. You ask them a questio, they never know the answer. Like i said, I am sure there are some good ones out there, but since my pet monkey can get a real estate license and show a place, I don't think too highly of real estate agents.

I agree that the RE industry is flooded with people who want to get rich quick. That is why the # of people who take the class and pass the test is cut in half when they have to renew their license. It is a tough industry and money does not come as quick if you are not a quality agent.

As far as comments like "liars" "dumb" "don't know anything" "fakes", they have these types of people in every industry.

A hot dog vendor can easily charge a tourist $3 for a hot dog and feel good about it.

When it comes to any occupation/service there are people who know what they are doing and others who "fake it till they make it".

It just so happens you talked to a RE agent who doesn't know much. Just like you can get a doctor who got a D+ in medical school and barely passed the MCATS vs a doctor who got an A+ and is Board Certified.

RE Agents aside, lets talk about "you" so called buyers. You say you have money when you don't, you say you have good credit when you filed for bankruptcy, you say you can afford to buy when you are already behind in rent. RE Agents have to weed through and seperate actual "buyers" vs "lookers". Don't look at properties unless you are ready to make an offer the same day. If you want to "look" then look from your computer and stay home.

Yes!!! You are my ideal REAL ESTATE AGENT. I will happily pull out my bank draft and pay you on the spot for every piece of sh** property that you try to hawk (listed on MLS, not sold for months, way overpriced, complete crap) while you can't even provide precise details on subjects such as " what is the square footage"? Also, I will happily wait by while you hook me up with your in house mortgage broker who gets me 103% of the purchase price without any income verification !!!

Als, as soon as the no money down / 103% of purchase price ARM loan business stopped the entire russian army purchasing apartments for quick flips disappeared. ha ha

I agree that the RE industry is flooded with people who want to get rich quick. That is why the # of people who take the class and pass the test is cut in half when they have to renew their license. It is a tough industry and money does not come as quick if you are not a quality agent.As far as comments like "liars" "dumb" "don't know anything" "fakes", they have these types of people in every industry.A hot dog vendor can easily charge a tourist $3 for a hot dog and feel good about it.When it comes to any occupation/service there are people who know what they are doing and others who "fake it till they make it".It just so happens you talked to a RE agent who doesn't know much. Just like you can get a doctor who got a D+ in medical school and barely passed the MCATS vs a doctor who got an A

I'm glad to see a real state agent respond. I know not all real estate agents are garbage, and you have garbage in all industries. But the percentage of "bad" real estate agents far out weigh "good" real estate agents. At least from my experience.

Whatever happened to the days when real estate agents would get down on their hands and knees just to measure the square footage so they would have that information for prospective buyers. The good ones don't even do that nowadays. I know, I tried a few reputable agencies in forest hills recently, and they couldn't even give me this information. Face it, all agents have been spoiled by the recent rises in real estate the past few years. If you are one of the "good" ones, what is your approach to selling to prospective buyers? Inquiring minds want to know.

And as to your comment about buyers wanting to buy but not having the money......yadda yadda yadda, stay at home........ You are just as guilty to contributing to this situation. If you think these type of buyers are such a waste of time, why don't you show to buyers who are only pre-approved?? Because you are hoping to make a quick buck the easiest way possible also.

Margaret Brady of Brady & Associates is an absolute Angel.

She is a great real estate agent and I recommend her highly.

Sometimes we show you an apartment we have shown to others but sometimes we show apartments for the first time. If the listing agent does not provide other agents with the sq. ft. then it is foolish for us to estimate it and it is awkward for you to stand there while we calculate it for you in front of the owners. Plus square footage is not a big deal...it is all mental. That is right!! Square footage of apartments is just a mental note and too much emphasis is put on it. It is all about layout and how the current sellers have it decorated. Vacant apts are the worst, because unless you are 5 years old, most people can't imagine the place with furniture. Apts look bigger with some furniture and it gives people a better idea of how much space they have.

I have seen apts that are 800 sq. ft. look both small and big. It is in the eye of the beholder. We don't want the buyers to have a negative feeling towards it before entering the unit if the sq. ft. is not what they wanted. Besides people have these numbers in their head but they don't even know the difference between 800 and 900 sq. ft. (visually). One can do wonders with a smaller apt with smaller furniture, lighter colors etc. On the other hand one can clutter and minimize a big apt with bulky furniture, dark colors, etc.

The good apts are snatched up quickly, and only the piece of craps and overpriced ones hang around. SO if you are ready to buy then jump on it and don't rely on one agent, work with as many as you can.

Last note: Work with pre-approved buyers? It is hard enough getting a buyer to sign a disclosure form that simply states that we work and get paid by the seller. Or to initial a sheet that shows which apt we showed them. Do you think buyers/lookers are walking around with their W2 and are willing to run a credit check with each office? I didn't think so. A word of advice, if you are actual buyers, go to your bank or a mortgage place and get a pre-approval and find out what you can afford and if the bank will lend you money when you find something. Don't get a pre-qualification because a dog can get one of those. With a pre-approval your credit is run, your funds are verified and you have a clear cut answer as to what you can afford. Plus, when you make an offer, you will look like a serious buyer. If we get a call from a buyer and we tell them to get a pre-approval first, the buyers will hang up and call someone else. We don't want to lose any customers.

RE AGENT

Go to the basement of any building. Find floor plans on the wall of super's office.
Or ask a building manager to supply one. All brokers in Manhattan do have floor plans.
Even in Queens honest brokers always know what they sell.

BEWARE OF LAZY, INCOMPETENT, AND DISHONEST BROKERS.

WHEN BUYING A COOP OR A CONDO APARTMENT, ALWAYS ASK FOR:
A FLOOR PLAN,
A PROSPECTUS,
AN ANNUAL FINANCIAL STATEMENT,
A RECENT MAINTENANCE BILL COPY,

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2