Forest Hills Forum Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
Can anybody give some ideas on the coop mentanence fee? than
We just saw a 1brcoop on the north side ofQueensblvd in forest hills(close to ps196). The apt is about 680-700sq feet(on the top floor), the mentanence fee is$700. we like this apt, as it is relative cheap, although it is a little bit small.However I am still worried about the mentanence fee. I thinkit ishigher.As I saw severalapts(around 800-850sq feet) in other similarbuildings in the same area, the mentanenceis less than 700.Can anybody give any ideas on the meantance fee? How it is determined? thanks

Main. fees are established by the co-op based on the # of shares attributed to the unit. A 1 bd on the north side of qns blvd in a non-door man building should be between 500-650. 700 is slightly above the range. Does your building have a door man if so, 700 is ok. Does the main. include any utilities gas, elec?? If it is included then 700 is great if not then those are additional bills. When ever a building decides to increase main fees they do it based on a percentage of your current main. which resembles your shares. So the whole building is adjusted similarly and fairly. Main. fees increase the higher you go in the building, if you have a top floor apt, the main. will be higher than the same apt on a lower floor. Main. fees are typically established to pay the building's mortgage and real estate taxes. When that is paid, the additional funds pays for the upkeep of the place ie. super, landscaping, repairs. If there is an unforseen situation, lets say, the roof needs replacing or the boiler bursts or (what is common today) additional feul costs, the co-op will charge you an assessment which could be a monthly or one time fee for a certain period of time based on your number of shares to cover the additional cost of the repairs.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. The building has a 18h doorman. The Main. fees include heat and hot water, but not gas and elect. And it is on the top floor. I concerned if the higher Main. fee will cause me some problems when I decide to sell the coop 6-7 years later. As I just plan to live there for 6-7 years, I think I will need more place at that time. By the way, does anybody know how much a 1br coop may cost on the north side of qns blvd(between 71 ave and 75 ave) at today's market. I saw one coop apt(800sq feet) on 71 ave, it looks not very clean,I mean i have to do something before move in as everything looks old. They ask 280K, I think it too expensive. is it worth that money? just a 1br coop for 280k.

do you know what is the normal range of the maintenance fee for a Jr4. 2br on the norht side of Qeensblv. in forest hills? I saw some 2br mint.fee are around 700, some over 800. Just saw a Jr.4 with the maintenance fee of 800, is it too high? Several days ago, I asked a broker, I was told that it is normal for a 2br with maintenance fee of 800-900 each month in a doorman building. do you have some any information on that? I know the fee increased fast recently years.

Hi, SAM
do you know what is the normal range of the maintenance fee for a Jr4. 2br on the norht side of Qeensblv. in forest hills? I saw some 2br mint.fee are around 700, some over 800. Just saw a Jr.4 with the maintenance fee of 800, is it too high? Several days ago, I asked a broker, I was told that it is normal for a 2br with maintenance fee of 800-900 each month in a doorman building. do you have some any information on that? I know the fee increased fast recently years.

Oh yeah with a doorman that sounds about right. I am paying $700 on my one bedroom with doorman.

I pay $600 for my studio on yellowstone. I'd be glad to pay $700 for a 1 Bedroom

what s up with the kennedy building ? they are charging fuel charges and capital charges...one bedrooms unrenovated that need total renovations are charged around 1200 for maintenance alone,,,and these brokers are asking for top dollar. ( like over 300 for one bedrooms) are they Shocked insane ? anyone lives there? any apartments for sale be owners @ ? These brokers are like VIPERS Exclamation

Post Maintenance 
Most apartments are at least $600 to $700...and that was nearly 3 years ago. With increase in oil price, many COOP are planning to increase maintenance....
It's ridiculous that after 20% down payment, you still have to pay so much for maintenance and mortgage. I was fortunate to find an apartment with the lowest maintenance fee. But that is about to change as everything is inflated nowadays!

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1