Forest Hills Forum Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
IN SEARCH OF ANOTHER FIXER UPPER.
IN SEARCH OF UNDERMARKET FIXER UPPER. (10-30% BELOW MARKET)IF YOU NEED TO SELL YOUR HOME THAT NEEDS UPDATES AND LOOKING TO SELL FAST EMAIL ME WITH ADDRESS AND PRICE THANKS

what is market value for 1 bedrooms in FH? also 2 bedroom?

I think around 108th street, 1 bedroom is $200K or so. Furthest away from 71st closer to rego park would be $160-170K ($200K-$260K 2 bedrooms) is my impression. closer to 71st, or to ascan ave, I think it would be around $250K-$300K ($300K-$400K 2 bedrooms). these would be coops. Condos i'm not sure.

well, we have a number of fixer uppers in the Gardens.

Link - $1.85mil

Link - $2.25 mil

Link - asking $1.35mil-
http://www.advantageforesthillsrealty.com/detachedstuccobrick

all can use updates...or something...

Are you serious??? To pay 1.85mil for a property and still have to pump 200k for updates!! Drop the house down to 1.4 or 1.45 and then a would be labeled a fixer upper. Fixer uppers comes with a fixer upper price!!

well, remember most of the gardens' houses were $400K or so just but 10 years ago..and people thought that was expensive... me thinks this is around market price ...

market price is for a house needing a little or no updates. Which means it has been updated within the last 10 years.

The term "fixer upper" refers to a house in need of upgrades to bring it to todays standards. Therefore it should be priced BELOW market value. This is one of the reasons why the market is at a stand still, its brokers like yourself thats not pricing the homes due to its current conditions. Price a fixer upper as a fixer upper and not as a turn key home.

Help the market, not hurt it

well i know what you mean but us brokers can't set the price if the owner asks us to list for another. in fact we have to turn away already too many listings because the owners asks for way too much. there is a house down here that's at best a $1.2 mil but the sellers are asking for $2.5 or so. it's not in the gardens it's in the noisy street so we turned it down. but some other brokers are marketing it. so what's one to do.

and your right regarding the asking price. it's much like ebay's 'buy it now' price. the actual exchange price can be very different. and remember a lot of these owners will listen to random friends and neighbor's advice, who are not up to date on the market than to a broker(good or bad one). so these friends and neighbor's advice will have presidence over ours. we have one house that was originally listed by others for over $3 million and in the end finally sold for around $1.1 mil or something around there.

what i always say is, if it's a house you like, ignore the asking price, just make an offer that *you* think is fair. if the sellers have their heads together and your offer is a good one, it should be a go. otherwise you see houses for sale in the market for like 10 years and never sell.

i just saw another house where the buyers bought it just last summer for $1mil , market's been down since then, and now they are asking for $1.5 or so. of course we are not taking that listing. it would just be silly. but many other agencies will take it just to have it for show or whatever.

real estate is all really silly. that's what i always say. silly. when i'm done with school or whatever, i'm off. oh i'll tell you i'm off. no more real estate for me thank you very much. enough silliness.

You know thinking back the house on fleet was the best buy. They bought it fixer upper in 2004 i think for around $1.5. they fixed it up, by putting in $100K. all the time selling in 2005 into 2006 people were saying it's too expensive asking price of $1.7 or so. in the end it sold for $1.5 when their asking price was $1.55 on the spot. Just about everybody who saw it made an offer. But they all made offers for low $1.2-$1.4's and was saying it was still too expensive. but as soon as it was sold, everyone called saying how regretting to not have bidded higher.

the lot is iirc 50-60 X 100. the house was massive. and it's right outside both the gardens and van court. meaning you don't have to live with all the covenants when renovating. you can really do whatever you want. and it's still closer to the subway than the majority of garden's houses. should have bought that one ourselves actually. oh well.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1