Forest Hills Forum Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know what's the best newspaper and website to ad

My husband and I are selling our coop in Forest Hills. Its a 850 sqft move-in condition 1 bedroom in a great location.

We want to sell quickly as we already found a house that we want to buy.

Does anyone know what's the best newspaper and website to advertise?

Is it NY Times good or Daily News?

Any suggestions or input appreciated.

Thanks!

This is a great site where alot of people post and search for housing. Make sure you post it in the appropriate place - Real Estate For Sale/Queens.

Put pics because people who have pics will get more people to click on the link. Create a new listing everyday so it ends up near the top because as new postings come up your will be lower on the list.

As far as major papers, they are a shot in the dark. You can advertise in the newsday, daily news and post but those has such a wide audience. People have to be looking there on that particular day and they are costly. If you are spending the money you may consider ads in those free papers they give out at the subway. I would definitly post it on these queens/forest hills forums. A day or two before the open house I would put up signs on the local light poles to generate interest. On the day of the open house put a sign or flyer near someone else's open house sign (like a realty company) so you can steer some traffic your way.

If you are from Forest Hills, you know where the Key Food is, so near the exit there is a bulletin board where you can post a flyer. You have to do some old school advertising, so post a flyer at bus stops. If you have a door man, let them know there is an open house sometimes pedestrians will ask them or even other people in the building looking to upgrade.

Most importantly, for a quick sale you want to price it appropriately. With the slower market you don't want to price yourself out of it or else you will become stale and not generate any interest. Also, you have to consider whether you can handle two mortgages or making pmts for two properties at once.

For you open houses and ads be ready to answer the following questions:

Is there board approval?

How much down payment is required? 10% or 20% or more

Are there any flip taxes?

What is the maintenance? When was it last raised?

Are there any special assessments? If yes how much and how long will they continue?

Are pets allowed? How long have you lived there? Why are you moving? How fast do you want to close?

People can ask questions on anything, but these are the major ones.

Good luck.

Sam
PS I am also a real estate agent. A friendly one.

Thank you for the response. These are great suggestions.

I have another question for you regarding the fair pricing. Do you have a ballpark number of how much we should be asking for? Someone has said about $350/sqft in Forest Hills. Our apt is about 850 sqft and in great conditions and in a very convenient location: 1/2 Block to the F train and close to the Austin St shopping area.

Any idea on what's the price like for a one bedroom coop has sold for in our area? (Not asking price but sold price. that would help us alot to sell quickly)

Thanks again

newyork.craigslist.orgThis is a great site where alot of people post and search for housing. Make sure you post it in the appropriate place - Real Estate For Sale/Queens.Put pics because people who have pics will get more people to click on the link. Create a new listing everyday so it ends up near the top because as new postings come up your will be lower on the list.As far as major papers, they are a shot in the dark.You can advertise in the newsday, daily news and post but those has such a wide audience. People have to be looking there on that particular day and they are costly. If you are spending the money you may consider ads in those free papers they give out at the subway. I would definitly post it on these queens/forest hills forums. A day or two before the

Price per sq. ft. is not the best way to determine value for apts because layout is crucial to apts. Price per sq. ft. is best for commercial and retail property.

What floor is your apt on? Does it face the front of the building or back? If you give me your building address I can pull up comparables in your building and neighboring area so I can be more specific. You can be a half from from the F train near 71st Continental, or 75th ave station. Values differ. Also, what is close to Austin? Do you back the LIRR?

Does your building have a door man? What is move in condition? Just because you think it is, doesn't mean potential buyers will feel the same. Did you update your kitchen and bath? If so what materials? I need to know this to give you a better and accurate answer.

You can email me if you want to get into specifics. I am a Certified Appraiser with my RE license. I am not going to pester you for a listing because I don't have time to sell. I live in Forest Hills and know the industry and area very well. Send me an email so I can assist you further. My email is szamanrealtor@yahoo.com.

Well New York Times is best, that's what people pick up when looking for real estate. It's also the most expensive. $10/line if advertising only in Queens and $40/line. Which might be ok say you do 4 lines for a weekend. We haven't found other papers useful, at least for houses; apartments might be different.

What realtors do is spam...oops i mean post on craigslist. There are a host of other websites for real estate but since it's so decentralized, their readership is not much.

oops that's $10/line for new york times in queens. and $40/line for new york times in manhattan.

right now our website www.foresthillshouses.com seems to get the most amount of traffic, just now we got under 100,000 hits in a month which is several fold above other real estate offices websites it seems. to post there i guess we can make it free if they contact you guys directly i guess.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1